6 April 2011

Reading Festival 2011

Reading Festival 2011

I have been busy with coursework and placements and havent posted a blog in a while. Since I have half an hour spare I thought I would do one now. Now since I havent been posting Reading Festival tickets went on sale and the lineup was announced. This post is going to focus on this announcement. 


The Lineup 
Okay, simply put this is the worst Reading Festival lineup I have seen in a very long time. I have a ticket for this year simply because I bought it at the end of last years festival and will be unable to sell it. I have been to Reading 09 and 10 and this lineup is terrible. Not only are the headliners bad (with the exception of Muse) but the acts across the NME stage are also terrible!! No wonder tickets still have not sold out two weeks after release. Normally Reading Festival tickets sell out within 12 hours, does festival republic not see what a massive mistake they have made this year? 

The last time My Chemical Romance played Reading Festival they were bottled off stage, now they are playing a headline slot. Umm what happened there then? Reading needed someone big, the likes of RHCP, Foo Fighters, Green Day or Linkin Park not MCR. 



Asking people to pay around £200 to see those acts is a joke and yet I still havent even mentioned NME. Last year NME had acts such as; Delphic, Mumford & Sons, Crystel Castles, Enter Shikari, Pendulum, Foals & Klaxons. I would have bought a ticket just to see the NME tent. In 2009 they had acts such as Lostporphets, Florence and the Machine, Gallows and You Me At Six. Yet this year what the hell? What are they thinking? Beady Eye, Janes Addiction and 2ManyDJs headlining? Are you actually being serious? How can Festival Republic say that any of these acts are even close to bands such as Pendulum and Lostprophets who have headlined the previous 2 years. Bands such as Death From Above, The Streets and Panic At The Disco who have had no major success in many years are being compared to bands who have become massive such as Enter Shikari and Mumford & Sons. 

The only way the festival can be saved is with the addition of lots of new bands and the the Lock Up stage. If bands such as Alexisonfire and Gallows are announced to play lock-up again then something good might actually come of this festival. Otherwise im going to have to walk around LOOKING for decent acts to watch rather than the previous two years where I have had to choose which decent act I am going to miss. Cant say anything other than the fact that I am let down this year by Festival Republic.


2 comments:

  1. too bad. maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, if no one buys the tickets maybe they'll get the hint and book better acts.

    ReplyDelete