20 March 2011

A Day To Remember

A Day To Remember

Over the past few years my obsession with A Day To Remember (ADTR) has grown greatly. The first album I picked up was their 3rd album titled "Homesick" and from there I have been unable to put them down. Recently ADTR released their 4th studio album "What Seperates Me From You" which charted at number 11 on the US billboard, and #1 on the US "Indie" chart. Although the album came under some criticism from "hardcore" ADTR fans I think the album is fantastic. Mixing their more hardcore roots with songs such as "2nd Sucks," to their more catchy rhythms on songs such as "All I Want."

During February 2011 the band went on a sellout UK tour which I was lucky enough to attend with my mate. The gig was the best show that I have ever attended. A Day To Remember are simply one of those bands which you HAVE to see live before you can even make any sort of judgement about them. Their February tour was the second time that I had this priveledge to do this and I will 110% be purchasing a ticket to their next UK headline tour, whilst also hoping a lot that they are announced in the Reading Festival lineup tomorrow night.

Over the past 4 months ADTR have racked up over 4500 plays on my Last FM and I can easily see that becoming 10,000 in the next 4 months. Their songs are so catchy that you can listen to them all day long without every becoming bored. Sure Jeremey McKinnon (lead singer) may quite possibly be one of the most arrogant lead singers you will ever meet, but then he quite possibly might have a slight reason to be so. In 2003 ADTR was a tiny band from Ocala, Florida, playing to around 200 kids. Now they are selling out academies with thousands of kids all across the UK let alone the USA. Appearing on the Jimmy Kimmel show can do nothing but increase Jeremeys ego. 



Where ADTR head from here is going to be very interesting. They will no doubt enjoy a long summer playing sold out festivals all across the world this summer to their adoring screaming fans. If they are lucky enough then they will carry out a 2nd sold out tour in the UK this winter before going back to the studio to work on their 5th album. If you have not heard of ADTR, have no idea what this fuss is about then I suggest you give them a listen to.If you find them too heavy then check out their softer songs, maybe even a Kelly Clarkson cover will be your thing? However if you find them not heavy enough then there is nothing that abit of "Downfall of us All" will not fix. 

I cannot rate ADTR highly enough, and I hope that by reading this it will give you a slight bit of interest into going and checking them out.

5 comments:

  1. ADTR probably have the perfect music to start your day, walk in the city, chill in your room and pretty much anything else. So glad I watched them live twice! Amazing band with lots of potential!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must live under a rock because I've never heard of these guys. Great post though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to more posts to come

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love me some ADTR. Going to see them at EDBD this year. :D Followed and supporting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome review man. i actually haven't heard of these guys so i will check em out.

    followed

    ReplyDelete